In my last post I mentioned two crocheting projects I was working on.
One of those two projects is finished, and I would like to show you!
Besides painting, I also enjoy crocheting. I crocheted a lot lately, and the next three projects are on their way. You can read more on the upcoming projects at the end of this post, first I would like to show you the project I finished recently.
After reading the magazine in the photo’s below, I wanted to crochet the scarf pictured here.
It is called the shawl Waterlilly. I had never crocheted a triangular scarf before, this pattern seemed a good place to start. You start with a very long chain of stitches, and decrease the number of stitches each row untill you have no more stitches left, and have made a triangular scarf.
Here you can see the result:
Maybe I will use a plain yarn next time, because the colors in the yarn I used interfere a bit with the pattern.
Here you can see some detail pictures:
My mom loved the shawl, so now it is hers 🙂
Meanwhile, I am almost finished with a project with a circle.
Also, I started crocheting a blanket, and I want to participate in the goedgemutst breicampagne. But then with crocheted hats:) The proceeds of the goedgemutstcampagne go to the national seniors fund that organises activities for (lonely) elderly people.
The blanket is a big big project, so, when I don’t feel like it I can make some hats as a nice little project-in-between.
Plenty to do, I will keep you informed!
Do you remember I was working on a painting project?
Here’s the sneak-peek I showed:
Here is the result! I only used 11 colors, “Painting by Numbers”style. I’m very pleased with it, and so is my family. Now it only needs to go on the wall.
It is made in the same style as this one:
and this one:
What you need:
-a computer/laptop with printer
-paint and brushes
– something to mix paint in and with, such as plastic cups and wooden sticks.
This last christmas vacation I gave a workshop Making Slime, and it was awesome!
The workshop was to support the local Passion Feanwalden, an organization that wants to play the Passion story in our local town. Under the direction Ruth Hanemaayer and musical guidance of Atsje Lettinga the organization wants to tell the history of the suffering an dying of Jesus. It’s a story about friendship, courage, bravery and sacrifice.
To finance such an event needs plenty of funds, and therefor they asked local creatives to give various workshops, of which the revenue goes the the funding of the Passion event.
So, to sponsor the Passion event, I gave a Slime Making workshop , and january 26 I will give a workshop Handlettering.
the Making Slime workshop was so much fun! A whopping 19 kids signed in. Luckily there was lots of help to make sure the slime stayed in the right places (and not on the walls, for example. Or in somebody’s hair. You do not want slime in your hair. Really. Speaking from experience here.) .
here you can see more photo’s of the workshop: Continue reading “Passion Feanwalden: Workshop Slime!” →
I’m working on a new painting project.
Not that I can paint, but I can do the painting-by-numbers style 🙂
It’s a variation on this painting which I made some time ago:
It’s a silhouette of our children, I think the (original) photo was taken about 5 years ago.
I changed the photo to a two-tone digital drawing, and transfered that to a canvas. Here you can read more about this painting.
So now I’m working on a similar project, but this time it’s going to be a landscape, and the painting will be in 11 colors.
Here you can see a work-in-progress photo:
Lots of figures to fill with paint 🙂
Curious how it’s going to turn out?!
Actually, so am I.
I will post pictures when it’s done, now first, time to paint!
Last monday was a great day for Davina: It was time for her birthday party!
She and her mom invited me to make soaps with her and four of her friends.
All ladies went home with a bag full of little soaps.
Here you can see some pictures of the party:
At first, some explanation about the soap, the scents and coloring, and the various soap molds.
And then: to work! Melting the soap, adding scent and color of choice, and pour the soap into the molds!
The hardest part is the waiting fot the soap to set…
unfortunately I forgot to make a picture of the result. Actually, I forgot to make pictures all together, luckily Davina’s mom made these photo’s you see here (thanks!!)
During the wait for the soaps to harden the girls decorated labels for their soap bag, and chose a gift from the grabbag.
This party was awesome!