Today I will show you a DIY tutorial.
We will turn a plain jar into a light decoration.
A jar with lights! This would be lovely for Christmas!
The idea is an adaptation from a light I saw in a shop somewhere. The thing with DIY lights is that the battery holder stays outside of the pot/jar/vase, so you often have a cord with a battery holder placed next to your home-made light. Not pretty.
So, this DIY tutorial shows you how to make a jar with lights and stars, with the battery holder in the jar!
No more visible batteries! whoop whoop!
Of course the battery holder will be easily accessible, you will have to be able to turn the lights on and off, right?!
What do you need for this DIY?
– a jar with an opening that will fit lights AND the battery holder
– aluminium wire
– pliers to cut the aluminium wire
– starfoil or semi-transparent vinyl or paint
– a glue gun or strong tape
-battery operated led lights, preferably with metal wire
– optional: chalk markers or star decals